Monday, August 24, 2009

Catalina's Big Day. We Officially Have a Pre-K Student!

Catalina in her classroom showing her box with her name on it.


My baby with her teacher and some of her classmates.

Today was Catalina's 1st day of school. She has been so exited about it for a few weeks. Everyday I had to explain to her the concept of patience, and time. The day finally arrived and she couldn't be happier. Last Friday we met her teacher, saw her classroom, and met some of her classmates. She was so happy and told me: Mommy, the school's doors are open now!
Last night Andy gave Catalina a beautiful "start school" priesthood blessing. It was so beautiful to see him blessing our daughter, and to see Catalina so reverent (with her eyes closed, arms folded, and still) the whole time.
Today we got up at 6:45am and by 7:30am we were all at her school. I felt sad mostly because I can't believe we've got to this point in our lives, our first baby is all grown up and starting the long journey of education. I missed her so much during the few hours she wasn't with me. When I went to pick her up she had a huge smile on her face, ran to my arms, and gave me a huge hug and kiss. Then she kissed and hugged Julienne and started telling me: "Mommy, this is the lunch area. Mommy, I had fun!". I ask her what did she do, and she told me: "We played, colored, read a story, went to the playground and now I am going to eat lunch. I am so hungry (rubbing her belly). Sooooo cute.

4 comments:

SheL said...

She is such a big girl! I love the pictures. I am proud of you too =)

Strong Family - said...

Hey Gaby! It's so fun to see your blog. Your girls are so big and adorable! Catalina was just a baby really the last time we saw you. You're a fun mom. Oh, and Catalina eats TONS compared to Connor. He pretty much lives off of crackers, rolls and applesauce. I'm with the doctor...don't stress! If they're happy and not sick then things are good. :-) They get less picky...I can attest. It'll be fun to keep up with you now! Lauree

Marc and Letty said...

Cuando los ninos llegan a la edad de ir a la escuela eso nos hace ver lo rapido que pasa el tiempo sin darnos cuenta. y como te sientes al ver que ya tienes hijas en la escuela? Catalina se muy linda en su clase.
Es muy bueno tener la semana ocupada y mas cuando son cosas que uno puede disfrutar a la familia y amigos, nosotros tmbien tenemos un play group en la iglecia y esta semana nos toco ir a un parque de agua, las ninas se dibirtieron mucho igual que yo.
July se ve tan linda con su nuevo corte de cabello, y no te preocupes por como te ahiga quedado, ellas no se dan cuenta y lo mejor es que cuando estan asi de lindas ni el peor corte las puede ser ver mal. (pero te quedo muy bien).

Emily said...

Wow, I can´t believe that Catalina is already a preschooler! So glad that she had a great time in school and had fun!! Miss you guys!