Last night Andy threw me an awesome surprise birthday party. I was so surprised, I really had NO CLUE. Every year is the same, so I didn't have expectations for this birthday. Andy usually takes me out to eat, and some times I get a little something because my birthday falls right after school starts so my books are usually my birthday present. Last Monday Andy asked me if I wanted to go out to eat after school on Wednesday (for today) but I get back at 10pm so I told him that I would rather go out on Thursday so we can enjoy a longer date. Yesterday morning I called my friend Shelly to see what was going on, and in the middle of our conversation I told her that Wednesday was my birthday but that it was going to be crappy because I was going to be at school and I was going to celebrate it the next day. She told me: Gaby, why didn't you tell me that it was your birthday this week, you're my friend and youre supposed to tell me things like that". But I always think it is kind of weird to say "hey, my birthday is coming bla bla bla. Then Andy called me from work saying:"you're going to kill me. I called Tom (our land lord) and he is going to come tonight to see how the repair of the roof turned out. Can you make sure the house looks nice, specially all the toys in the living room...bla blabla?. So then I called my friend Jules (who is also my 1st counselor in primary) and told her that I wasn't going to be able to meet with her because I needed to get some stuff done before going to school. I was feeling bad already because I called her on Monday to switch our meeting for Wednesday and she couldn't do it at 7 because she was going to do something else. Well, it turned out that I innocently cleaned the house nicely for "our land lord" and I went to school as usual from 5:30 to 6:45pm. When I got back I tried to enter but the garage door was locked (I hate when Andy unintentionally locks me out). I went around, rang the bell and told Andy to open (I'm glad I asked him nicely). So here I go, I opened the door and....SURPRISE!!! a huge mass of people from the girls room. It was awesome. It took me a while to react to the surprise, I didn't know what to say or what to do. So nice, it was all taken care of. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, watermelon, and an awesome chocolate cake with strawberry filling made by my super friend Shelly. I'm still super happy. I think I have always dreamed about a surprise party or something very special and I totally got it. It was great because I had NO CLUE at all. I'm so used to finding out what Andy is going to give me or get me for every special occasion. I either find the object or the receipt. It also wasn't a last minute thing either. He planned all of it with Shelly about a week ago. I'm so thankful to Andy's coworkers and their families, our friends from church and the families that came, and for all the extraordinary presents they got for me. I can't wait to use all the gift certificates I got. LOL. Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so special. Shelly, you are the best. Andy, I could not ask for more, I love you so much baby...thank you for everything.
My friend Jules took so many awesome pics. I'll be working on putting them in a slideshow.
1 comment:
I can't wait to see the slide show! You are awesome. We love you =) I am so glad you had such a great time.
Post a Comment