Monday, September 21, 2009

Last Weekend Stuff...

Every September I get a terrible case of "homesickness" accompanied by irritability and sentimentalism (check this out, add a fun and loving family to it, and you'll understand me). September 18th and 19th is Chile's Independence Day (from Spain). I miss my gorgeous country, being with my family, eating all the yummy food, and all the rest of my country and family traditions (the music, singing, dancing, watching the military parade, and eating myself sick). I did make my "Empanadas" on Saturday to share with some of our friends (I didn't take any pictures of them though) but they don't taste or look any different than these. One cute thing happened while I was making my empanadas: Catalina wanted to help me to roll the dough. She couldn't find her toy one (the one she usually uses to help me) and she insisted in using mine. I told her no (because I wanted to speed up the process). And Catalina told me: " Mommy, you have to share. Sister Lowman said good friends share". I thought it was so cute...watch out! "kids DO LISTEN to their primary teachers".
On Saturday afternoon Catalina cut her own bangs "all by herself". When we ask her Why she did it? She replied: "I want like Julienne, like Dora!". I'm just tremendously glad she didn't do anything like this or this (go down a little bit) to herself. To be honest she didn't do a bad job, it looks fine.

Saturday night we went to our friend Jules' house to meet with other friends to watch the BYU v/s FSU game. Too bad for the Cougars. It was funny though because 2 of our friend were FSU fans, and all the rest BYU's. The game ended up like this...

Yesterday after church Catalina delighted us with her always awesome drawings. She titled "Daddy fishing". Notice all the details she added: the fishing rod (the farther left lines), the fish (that highlighted white thing by the rod), Daddy (with hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, beard, legs, and shoes), the boat (with the wooden details), and the waves of the ocean.

Last night right before putting the girls in bed I had to take these cute pictures of Andy dancing a slow dance with them. I think it's too cute, and they really like it.

2 comments:

SheL said...

Such cute pictures! You should have taken a picture of the rice crispy treats after I "fixed" them =)

Marc and Letty said...

Hola!
no avia tenido tiempo de pasar por aqui, pero yya lei todas las historias, tienes una ajenda muy apretada, pero una familia muy entretenida, pasan tantas cosas en mi casa pero yo casi nunca tomo fotos yo no soy tan buena como tu para tomar fotos de todo. pero me gusta la forma de que tu compartes las cosas con nosotros, gracias por compartirnos un poco de ti y tu familia.