These 4 pictures are from the 2 deployments (2005-2006) "goodbyes" and "welcome home". I think they are just precious. It was a very hard time for us, specially for Andy to miss so much and not been able to see the many many changes during our baby's 1st year.
There are others that have spent more time overseas than in their houses for the last 8 years. And there are so many other beautiful souls that didn't get the chance to reunite with their families again. I just hope and pray for this sad war to end. The knowledge and certainty that life doesn't end with death is just priceless. I hope everyone could know that there is a whole eternity to hug and love our loved ones, and that we can be uplifted by projecting our lives towards that goal.
2 comments:
Thanks, Andy, for your willingness to serve.
Thanks for your post, Gab. It's so great being able to live close to so many families who serve our country and deal with deployments and those types of hardships, all so that we can all enjoy freedom. I still feel bad about complaining to you about LeRand being gone 2 nights/week and then remembering you with Andy serving in the Church and the Air Force. You're a great example to me, such a strong girl! Love ya'! (I would make a sarcastic comment but people might read it think I'm a jerk, ha!)
Post a Comment