Monday, August 24, 2009

Things I Did Last Week

1) I cut Julienne's hair, and accidentally turned out being a Dora the Explorer style haircut. When I finished her "very wiggly" haircut Catalina very enthusiastically told me: "Mommy, Julienne is Dora!!!" (I personally don't like that cartoon at all. I think Dora is pretty annoying). I'm glad Julienne's hair is very wavy because thanks to that it's hard to see how uneven it turned out. I'm not a hairstylist and I need to stop messing up my poor monito's hair LOL.

2) I'm trying new menus for Catalina. Catalina is so picky when it comes to eating food. She pretty much doesn't eat anything. She eats when she wants, and how much she wants. There are days that she just eats cereal w/ milk and peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and that's it. I always worry about her and make a huge deal when I talk with her doctor. I always get: "children are picky eaters at this age", "she is fine" and blablablabla. Catalina's usual menus are: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, spaghetti and sauce, hot dog, white rice, scrambled eggs, tomato, corn, peas, and carrots with ranch. She likes all fruits except for strawberries. She obviously loves all junk like, fruit flavored snacks, chips, cookies, crackers, cake, pancakes, and so on. I can't get her to eat meats. I started to give her multivitamins a couple of months ago but that's it. So the other day I was reading a Parents magazine and found ideas how to make food look pretty, combining things she likes with things she usually won't eat. So I tried and made her this plate....
but it didn't work. She just ate the carrots with ranch, some tomato, some rice, and left the one thing I want her to eat the most...grilled chicken. I won't give up though.

3)Last Thursday I held a "playgroup" here in my house. I invited some friends from church with their kids. It was fun. I had a great time!
Julienne and Logan "finally" best buddies. Logan is my favorite candidate for future "Son-In-Law". lol.

4) "Mommy getting ready for school". Last Friday when we went to meet Catalina's teacher we got a list with some things she needed to bring to school. It was so exiting to shop for school things for my very first time, as a mother.Check List
change of clothing
tissue
blanket or mat for rest
hand soap
snack (for the whole class)
school box (scissors, 2 glue sticks, crayons, markers, pencils, plastic shoebox)
Backpack

No comments: