This morning Catalina and Julienne had doctors appointments. Catalina was seen for her "School Entry Health Exam" (+ shots), and Julienne for her 18 month check up (w/o shots).
Catalina's Status: 4 years old
Weight: 35 pounds
Height: 39 3/4 inches
Head Circumference: 21.2 inches
Clothing Size: 4T
Shoe Size: 11
Julienne's Status: 18 months
Weight: 22 3/4 pounds
Height: 31 1/2 inches
Head Circumference: 19 inches
Clothing Size: 18-24 months
Shoe Size: 6
Cuba's Status: 5 years old (age in human years = 36)
Weight: 46.6 pounds
Height: 22 inches
I felt so bad for Catalina. She was so happy about her doctor's app today until we moved to the vaccination room. At the beginning she thought the shots were for Jules. Then when the nurse asked her what kind of band aid "she" wanted she realized it was for her, and started to freak out. I used all the psychology I had handy (she was big girl, she needed it so she could go to school and not get sick, all of her classmates were doing the same, and I offered her chocolate, candy, stickers, and ice cream). The poor thing screamed her lungs out. I must have looked like an octopus trying to wrap her up with my legs and arms to immobilize her. She got 4 different shots on her upper legs. She stopped crying after about 2 minutes but from 11 am to 1 pm she was almost totally disabled in her legs. She told me: Mommy, I can't walk I need you to carry me. So I put her in the stroller to go from the clinic to where I parked the car, then into the car, then out the car, then upstairs to the table to eat lunch, then from the kitchen to the living room's sofa, then to a chair I had to place by her toy kitchen so she could play (all as directed by her). The poor Julienne had to play the big sister and went to all the places by foot while I was carrying Catalina around. It was pretty hilarious. Catalina totally inherited that whole over dramatic thing from Daddy.
3 comments:
Your girls are so cute =) I HATE when Logan has to get shots. It actually wasn't as bad when he was younger because he didn't realize what was happening. Now it breaks my heart when I see the look on his face when he realizes what is happening. Poor kids =)
Cuando las ninas tienen sita medica, yo tambien las terapeo con palabras de eres grande, todos pasan por lo mismi, espara que no te enfermes porque si te enfermas van a ser mas de dos shots, y cosas por el estilo; y si me a funsionado. la mejor de todas es que les digo, que los que lloran son los bebes y no las ninas grandes (y ellas no son bebes).... Pero da tanta pena llevar a las nina al medico, porque la mala es una por llevarlas, pero tampoco podemos mentirles y darles la culpa a los doctores, yo por eso cada vez que vamos al medico le digo que ay muchas pocibilidades de que les pongan shots, asi ya saben. Saludostos
Post a Comment