Monday, November 2, 2009

Only in Key West...

Today in Key West was the official "Trick or Treating" for the children. Every year we have the stupid "Fantasy Fest", and this year was from October 23rd to November 1st. It is something SO not children friendly so the "Key West Authorities" designate November 2nd for children to be on the streets to ask for candy I guess. I took the girls around town with my friend Rosaura. Julienne was Tinker Bell, and Catalina was Princess Belle. Catalina freaked out with some of the cool Halloween decorations and ran away screaming (from a hyperactive skeleton and a walking arm. Lol). We again got SO much candy. I made the comment to Catalina's school teacher and she told me to bring her the candy (it's a lot better than throwing it away).
I have a lousy "Fantasy Fest" anecdote to tell. Exactly 2 years ago Andy was out of town (unbelievable right?) for that week, and I had school. I left Catalina with my good friend Jules who lives by the Southernmost Point (parallel but still pretty near Duval Street). I remember, it was a chilly night, and it was around 9pm when I went to get Catalina. It took me forever to get there because the streets in general were very congested with Fantasy Fest advocates. I obviously avoided all the commotion, and I was just 3 blocks from getting to my destination when I stopped on a red light. Then my eyes saw 2 men crossing the street. They were holding hands, and wearing just sandals and the "tiniest mini micro thongs" I have ever seen in my entire life...yuck!

No comments: