Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mommy, You Are Fired!


Today Catalina FIRED me. Can somebody be fired for being a mom?
It's not new to say that I am not gifted with patience. When I run out of patience I show off the Hispanic side of me and get very loud. I'm also late to everywhere I go (a very Latin thing, too). This morning I was following our usual weekday routine with Catalina (wake up, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, and go to school) and Catalina wasn't being very helpful. She usually takes her time for everything but today she was "extra" slow. I told her many times to hurry in doing everything she normally does. I told her to brush her teeth fast while I changed Julienne's diaper. I changed Julienne's diaper and her clothes, went to get my purse upstairs, and when I went to get Catalina in the bathroom she was singing and just starting to squeeze some toothpaste on her toothbrush. So I just yelled "Catalina". She jumped up scared and told me (yelling as well): Mommy, you scared me, don't scream at me! I said (still yelling): "You haven't brushed your teeth yet, we are gonna be late again". And she replied (still yelling): "Mommy, stop screaming. YOU ARE FIRED" (exactly like this). I couldn't help to "LOL" about it. She sure knows how to make me feel frustrated, mad, happy, and so on and so forth. Whatever she does I still love her so much, and especially when she brings me to my senses by reminding me that I am the "adult" one.
I have so much to learn and that's why I'm thankful to have my Cata to teach me...or to fire me ha ha.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Haha, that is such a funny story! You are doing a great job as a mommy! I have seen how much you care for your beautiful girls!! I am glad you share the cute/funny things that our nieces say!

EmmaJ said...

That is such a cute story! I hope she hires you back soon.

Unknown said...

Lol that is so cute. I just love Cata! Sometimes I would like to be fired ha ha.

So do you think I am secretly Latin? Maybe that's why I can never be on time? =)

Unknown said...

I know I know... I am too pasty to be Latin =)

The DuBois said...

I don't think so, Shelly. I think you're just too "mormon", lol. You may want to check back your genealogy just to make sure. At least you are not me: "Latin and Mormon" that's the worst combination ever to get on time. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy and Gaby,
Enjoy seeing all your pictures. Later I'll show to Aunt Marge.
Somehow pictures have a way of enhancing memories. I don't have your E-mail.
Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy and Gaby,
Somehow pictures enhance awesome memories. I’ll show the pictures later to Aunt Marge.
We do not have your e-mail.
Uncle Jim