Friday, July 17, 2009

Super Hubby!!!


I don't intent to offend my husband or any of our male friends and relatives, but it is not new to say that guys are a lot like "little/big boys". For the longest time I thought that if something unexpected ever happens to me, the girls where not going to survive under Andy's care. I always see Andy as just a lazy boy. I thought he didn't know how to make anything to eat, and not even mention about housekeeping skills. He usually just waits until I call him to eat, and if I don't take care of the laundry he might not even have a clean uniform to wear to work the next day. He seems not to have imagination about what to make to eat. Catalina knows were everything is to make herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and I always cook for Julienne and separate meal portions and have them in the freezer to just defrost and give it to her. In the past if I'm not available or gone during diner time and leave everything ready for them to eat, they won't eat until I come back and serve them. I used to feel sometimes that I had 3 children instead of 2 girls and a husband. I've been always so against the mentality my culture have, and specially my mother about male chauvinism. For my mom it is a disgrace to let the guys do, or even ask them to do house work. That it is just not me but I didn't realize that I do it anyway. I do ask Andy's help, but most of the time I just wait for him to have the initiative of offering help or doing things from his own will, and I ended doing it all. Don't get me wrong, he does it but not very often, and its just how guys are.
This years has been one of a kind. I've have felt very overwhelmed with the 2 girls, their activities and their personalities (specially "monito"), house work, school work, church calling, and why not to say...hormones. I can't not keep the house clean for a day, and sometimes I feel just too tired and stressed with everything. I just don't function as well as I used to.
The last 2 weeks Andy had proof me all wrong. He has notice my "sky rocking stress level" and took charge of the whole boat. He have been cleaning without me asking. He entertains and assists the girls so I can do my homework and study. And last but not least, he had really surprised me by cooking great meals. One day he made homemade flour tortillas (I just told him what he needed). Last Sunday he delighted me with stuffed shells. On Monday he just impressed me when he made fajitas. I'm not kidding when I say that Andy's grilled steak fajitas are the best fajitas I've ever tasted in my entire life. He has just been so great. I just want to say that I feel proud of him, he is such a wonderful husband and father. Sometimes I take for granted all he does for me and the girls. He works and provides for us, and that is huge. I'm so blessed to have a multifaceted hubby and great chef. He totally kicks my butt in the kitchen, he is a great cook. It took him just 6 years to surprise me with these great skills he has, but it came out of him in such perfect timing. Thanks Andy, I love you so much!
I also have to add something funny. Last night while I was in my English class (every Thr. from 6-9:30pm) he gave the girls a bubble bath (as usual) but this time with a little twist. For the last month or two Julienne has started to say "caca" after she poops her diaper to be changed (I can't wait to finish with my classes to try potty train her). Last night she said "caca" while in the bath tub with Catalina. Andy didn't see anything out of the ordinary so he put her on the toilet to see if she wanted to go. She didn't do anything so he was about to put her back in the bath when he saw a "huge brown submarine" covered with bubbles right by Catalina (who was still playing in the tub). I have luckily never experienced such gross situation, but he handled like a pro. He took the girls out of the bath, and put them in the shower. He also cleaned the bath tub and toys. But know I'm gonna also disinfect the whole area anyway...ha ha yucks huh.

2 comments:

SheL said...

You gotta love a good poop story =)

EmmaJ said...

Great story! I hope your weeks get easier.