I have been feeling kind of depressed lately. I am also constantly missing my Chilean family and friends. I thought that our trip to Chile was going to help me feel better and that I was going to come back refreshed and ready to keep going. Well, it didn't work that way for me as it has been a little bit of a roller coaster. I have days in which I feel so sad but I also have days that I feel happy and give my best. I'm trying to stay positive and keeping myself busy with the girls by going out and doing stuff. I just hope to be like the happy Gaby I was when I first got here and much better...and I'm working on it.
The other day I was looking at a friends' blogs and I saw that one of my friends Emma titled her entry "Things that make me Happy today" (also inspired from a friend of hers). I thought I have so much to be happy and thankful about and that I've been so blind to see them. I once more learned that I need to focus on the good things that life gives me. So I decided to make a journal with my own list of "10 Things That Make Me Happy Today". It is amazing to see that focusing my attention in looking and describing those good things everyday makes my day a lot better. I can see things differently and discover new happy things (a lot more than just 10) that I never thought about before.
Today's List (my 4th one):
1. Andy's "good morning" kiss.
2. Catalina coming to my bed and asking me to give her "cereal con leche" for breakfast.
3. Julienne's adorable happy face when she first sees me in the morning.
4. Dressing up the girls for church with the new purple matching dresses I bought for them at Target.
5. Having both girls sitting still in church with me during sacrament meeting UNTIL right after the passing of the sacrament.
6. Getting a lot of compliments for the sweater I was wearing today.
7. My calling as the primary president in our branch and having amazing children to teach about great things today.
8. Eating crackers with my favorite Chilean ham spread for lunch.
9. The perfect 75 degrees and nice breeze today in Key West.
10. Both girls ate all of their meals for the day.
1 comment:
I have days like that all the time and it is hard sometimes not to get depressed. I need to thank you though because I have been having so much fun since we started hanging out!
Post a Comment