December was a very awesome, happy, and busy month for us. It was a great month to end 2009.
1) Andy came back from the military training that kept him away from us for two long months. I proudly have to say that, as usual, he was distinguished with honors. At his arrival into the KW airport me and the girls went to get him. Catalina was holding a sign that said "Welcome Home Daddy". As he was waiting for his baggage we came to him and both girls yelled "Daddy". Catalina jumped into his arms and gave him a big kiss and hug. And Julienne looked at him with a face that was mostly saying "Daddy, why did you leave me for so long?". She grabbed and hugged him around his neck resting her sweet head on his shoulder. What was even more heart breaking is that in repetitive occasions she looked at him (like making sure it was really HIM) and then back to rest her head on his shoulder. It was a moment I'll never forget. She is surely "Daddy's little girl". Right after the airport we went to the movies as a family and watched "The Princess and the Frog" (both girls in daddy's lap throughout almost the whole movie).
2) Both Andy and I successfully finished our school semester. Andy and I got A's in all the classes we took.
3) My younger sister Daniela and her family came from Chile to spend the holidays with us. They arrived on the 22nd. It has been so awesome having them with us. Our kids get along very well. I'm so happy to find out that Catalina does speak Spanish. She just doesn't do it with me because I guess she knows I'll understand her regardless.
4) We had a very Merry Christmas. I'm so proud of how moist and tasty my turkey turned out to be. I'm also happy that we ate left over turkey for just 2 more days after Christmas. We opened so many presents. Catalina was so happy with Santa's present (her Princess Aurora doll).
Taking advantage of our "babysitters", the 25th Andy and I had a beyond awesome romantic night over at the "Ocean Key Resort & Spa". I have to add a fun anecdote. We had an awesome room with a pretty big jacuzzi (not my thing but Andy was all about it) and he put I guess too much bubble bath in it and when he turned on the system bubbles started pouring out the tub and growing like a huge white bubbly monster taking over the room. Lol. Andy spent quit some time getting rid of the bubbles.
5) We spent the last day of the year in Bahia Honda State Park up until the most gorgeous moonrise. On our way back home we prepared a delicious BBQ (ribs, steaks, and shrimp) as our New Years eve dinner and since we were very tired we had to force ourselves to wait until midnight and give the proper salute to 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment