We started this month doing some touristy things around town. Andy had a long Memorial Day weekend. He had Monday and Tuesday off. On Monday we went around downtown KW and visited the "Light House" for the very first time. It was so much fun and the day was just perfect.
On Tuesday we had an awesome day in one of the best beaches in Fl. We went to Bahia Honda State Park. The day could not have been any more perfect. We enjoyed the warm water, the white and soft sand, and the most relaxing landscapes ever. When low tide comes little sand islands form that make the beach even better. It was so so beautiful.
Then, on June 6th we left the hot, stormy, and miserable humidity of KW. After plane delays, missing our connection, a lot of running with the girls and backpacks around MIA airport, a long 6 hour fly with Julienne screaming/crying/wiggling, we made it to LAX. Of course to end up our exhausting day AA lost ALL of our luggage (including the car seats). There are some more things, but to end this horrible story, we finally made it to the hotel at 2:30 am. The only cool things about the day is that we were with Grandma Margaret and ate at IN-N-OUT, yeah!
On Sunday the 7th we finally got our luggage at 11am. We went to Montecito, CA to visit the Robertson Family (Andy's childhood neighbors and very close friends). We had a great lunch, a lot of anecdote telling, and a very nice and relaxing afternoon in their gorgeous backyard. That evening we headed to Andy's home town Ridgecrest, CA.
Monday the 8th was a more relaxing and lazy day. We woke up late, ran errands with Mom, and had lunch in a Japanese restaurant with the family.
On Tuesday the 9th Andy went to the movies with Catalina and watched "Up", while I was working in getting some of my CHM homework done. Then we went to a park with the girls to meet Marla (Andy's HS friend) and her children. We drove around town and took pictures, and brought home some John Pizza's bread sticks.
On Wednesday the 10th we left early in the morning to Las Vegas. We went through Death Valley that was impressively not deadly that day (Just 95 degrees in the middle of June). We saw some nice sites and took lots of pictures. We visited our friends the Stanton Family for a couple of hours. Then we checked into the Hilton Hotel in downtown Vegas, and ate diner at the Venetian Grand Lux Cafe.
On Thursday we got tickets for a magician show that night. We ate brunch in one of my favorite sandwich places, the Earl of Sandwich where I ate a great Caribbean Jerk sandwich. We went around town to the World of Coca Cola and the M&M World. We had an awesome dinner at the Scoggins's house (thank you guys). That night we left the girls with Mom at the hotel and Alex, Andy and I went to the "Steve Wyrick Magic Show". I was amazed about everything, unlike Alex and Andy who think they knew almost every trick. I think if you can't do it yourself at least give some credit to the guy, he was awesome.
On Friday the 12th we left Las Vegas after visiting my friend from Chile and former babysitter (when I was little) Maria and her family. On our way back to Ridgecrest we had to have our last IN-N-OUT experience of the trip...so good! That evening we had a Thanksgiving like dinner with the family and celebrated Catalina's 4th birthday (that is officially not until this coming Sunday the 21st).
On Saturday we went to see the giant Sequoias, the trail of 100 Giants, about 2 hours from Ridgecrest. It was a nice day in Ridgecrest, but as we were driving up into the mountains and seeing how fast the temperature was dropping we realized that we were not prepared at all. We were all wearing shorts and short sleeves shirts. Luckily I always carry sweaters and blankets for the girls. We ate a quick lunch in the woods because it was very chilly. Then just the brave ones (Alex, Andy and Mom) went to do the trail. Everyone else stayed warm and cozy inside the cars. We took pictures and went back home a lot earlier than we planned.
Sunday was a relaxing day. After lunch I started to make my Chilean Empanadas for everyone that pretty much takes me 4 to 5 hours. That night we say our last sad goodbyes to Adam and Emily who were leaving the next morning. They will be away in South America for the next 2 years.
Monday was our last day in Ridgecrest. When I say last day I mean it. Andy's parents are going to commit the horrible "crime" of selling the house Andy grew up in and retire and move to Alburquerque, NM by the end of this year. Andy was like crazy taking pictures and recording every single thing about his house and the town that saw him became the man he is now (my corny words).
Our last day there we took the girls to a bouncy place, went to the movies to see Up (this time it was the 4 of us and Dad), did some last minute shopping, visited some Andy's friends, ate diner with the fam, and prepared our suitcases for the next day.
We left very early in the morning to LAX and its great morning traffic. We ate breakfast and left. The fly was again too long with Julienne crying/screaming/wiggling. We were happy that we arrived 20 minutes earlier than the schedule and may have time to eat before taking the connecting fly to KW, but nope. Our plane door was having some technical difficulties so we stayed in the airplane for good 15 minutes and barely made it to our other plane. We arrived in KW and unbelievably AA lost our car seats. We were so tired at this point that since we live so close to the airport we just did the paper work and came home "the Britney Spears Style".
I couldn't do anything on wed because I didn't have my car seats until after 4pm that day.
We have had a hard time getting used to the time change. The girls and I woke up at 10:30am on wed, 9:30am on Thu, and 8:30am today. One more day and we'll be in the normal schedule.
2 comments:
Wow you guys had a busy month! Your girls are getting so grown up; I want to see them, and you guys of course too.
I loved looking at all your pictures! I have missed you! I understand your AA frustrations... after this trip I don't think I will ever fly with them again.
Post a Comment