Monday, May 25, 2009

The Sweet and The Argumentative Catalina...

Catalina is such a big girl. We have so much fun listening to her and seeing the things she learns and do everyday. She is so sweet and cute. She took the role of the big sister very seriously. She is mommy's helper in every way. She can say the sweetest things and we can also have serious conversations and sometimes even argue about something.
Here are some fun dialogues:
#1
Me: (laying down on the sofa)
Catalina: Mommy you're so beautiful (caressing my face). Your hair is so pretty (touching my hair). Mommy you are a princess.
Me: Yes, I am the Little Mermaid.
Catalina: No mommy you're so silly, you are too big. (pointing at herself) Catalina is the "Little" Mermaid.

#2
The other day I was trying to clean the house while the girls were playing around. I told Catalina to stop persuading Julienne to go upstairs with her because she was little and she could fall and get hurt. She disobeyed me so I repeated what I said earlier with a firmer tone of voice.
Catalina: (angry) mommy you are a monster!
Me: No, I think you are being a monster now.
Catalina: I'm not a monster. I'm a princess!
Me: Princesses obey their moms, and you are not obeying mommy now.

#3
Grandma Margaret sent a few things for the girls. I opened the box and gave Catalina her things. She took off the shirt she was wearing and try one of the ones Grandma sent for her, and said: (sniffing) It smells lovely. It smells like Grandma!!!

#4
The other day I cut Julienne's bangs. Catalina wanted to cut her hair too but I like her hair the way it is and didn't want to do it.
Catalina: Please mommy, I want my hair like Julienne.
Me: ask daddy.
Catalina: Daddy I want my hair like Julienne.
Andy: No Catalina, your hair is so beautiful just as it is now.
Catalina: nooo Pleaseee
Me: Catalina you are princess Ariel!
Catalina: (feeling all better and happy)
The next day in the morning I was doing the girls hairs to go out...(Andy was at work)
Catalina: Mommy I want my hair like Julienne.
Me: No, Daddy said no.
Catalina: Daddy is not here. Daddy says Yes!

I love this picture. I have no idea how she hide her whole leg so perfectly.

2 comments:

SheL said...

Oh I love listening to Cata talk! She is so cute. My favorite was the monster story lol.

Emily said...

I cannot wait to see Catalina! We will see you soon!!