Monday, April 20, 2009

Jules 1st Big "Boo Boo"

Yesterday Julienne had a little accident during church hours. She was with Andy in the president's office when she tripped with her shoes and fell and cut her lip on the edge of a metal filing cabinet. We had Sister Smith (who is a doctor) take a look at her very bloody wound and she suggested that we should take her to the ER to get some stitches. After 1 1/2 hour she was finally seen and went through the traumatic experience of being wrapped up with 3 nurses holding her, having local anesthesia put on and the 2 stitches. I can't describe the pain of seeing my baby going through all that while looking at me crying and screaming, and maybe asking herself why I wasn't helping her. After that she held me very tight and wouldn't let me go. Back home she took a 4 hour nap and she has happily been herself since then (except for that she'd been very sensitive on occasions).
I know this it is may be nothing compared with horrific stories of injuries I've heard of other children, but this it is our first experience. My over cautious Catalina will turn 4 in June and we've never had to rush her to the hospital for anything like this.... "knock on wood". But seriously, Catalina has never had a serious bruise, head bump, a cut (really nothing). I always overreact, and freak out on how curious, mischievous, crazy and risky Julienne is because I'm not used to it.
Accidents happen but I hope this is the end of it (knock on wood). I just wish I could take the place of my girls and go through the pain of anything that could ever happen to them.

Here is "droolienne" with no stitches.

Here is my baby (wearing the same outfit) with her 2 stitches but still her adorable big smile.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no! I am so glad it wasn't anything more serious! I cannot imagine how hard it must've been to see her crying in the hospital! Hopefully there aren't any other major boo boos!

SheL said...

Poor thing =(