Tuesday, February 15, 2011

3 Years Ago...

Time flies and I just can't believe it. Julienne is three! Happy Birthday to our little angel!!!
For the longest time she has been reminding us, saying "I'm not a baby" (to the point of tears) every time we change her diaper or cradle her. It's hard to swallow it but she is right in deed, she is not longer a baby. The funny part is that "she is still in diapers" despite all of my efforts, and my mother's efforts to help her and teach her. After trying "everything" out there for about 1 year I decided to chill out and wait until she is ready. All children are different I guess. Now when we change her diaper and she starts whining about not being a baby, we say: "Oh, I'm sorry but babies wear diapers, so you're still a baby".

Here is a picture of "the happening" that lead me to decide to chill out and just wait for when she is ready. Lol. It was a day that I say "this is it no more diapers" and left her with underwear. She just kept playing and didn't even care.

We still call her "Monito" even though she has been maturing. She was such a hand full and mischievous. She has became now more like a sweet and very sensitive little girl with a much low percentage of hyperactivity/disobedience/curiosity. We have visited the Taiwanese ER just once in the last 6 months. Now she seems to remember what happened that day when we point it out because she quickly stops being so "monkey". She has now become Catalina's best play pal as they play so nicely together. Her nursery teachers have stopped asking me 'when is she going to advance to primary', and even better, they no longer come get me in the middle of Sunday School to go and calm her down.
She is just the cutest and her personality is just fascinating. Andy and I just enjoy and laugh at everything she comes up with. She is daddy's little girl. I'm still hoping to capture the moment Andy melts down every time he looks at her. She has the most cheerful spirit and the cutest smile. She also has the cutest temper tantrums and the cutest/funniest "rude" sayings. She loves pretending. She quickly memorizes random disney movie dialogues and songs and comes up the the funniest things that make us all laugh. Catalina really enjoys her goofy little sister.
Some of our favorite "Julienne sayings" are:
(when we are getting ready to go to church, or arriving to church) she says: "Yay!!! I'm gonna go to mursery!!!"
(when we go to the play ground or really any type of going somewhere) she says: "Yay lets go to the playground, buuurrayyy!"
We're still thinking about starting to correct her "nursery" and "hurray" but I want to wait just a little bit longer :).
We don't have our dog around that barks at strangers but we have Julienne with a very strong sense of possession. Very often when someone comes to the house or even when someone gets into the elevator of our building from another floor, she says: "Get out of my house/elevator right now!" She even did it to grandma a couple of weeks ago when we were getting into the car. Julienne said: "Grandma, get out of my car!" (It's actually pretty funny when you look at this face saying such a thing)

Last Sunday the 13th we celebrated Julienne's b-day with a few friends from church. We had a good time and ate a lot. It is amazing how this "gipsy-like" life we have has blessed us so much by being able to meet amazing people everywhere we go. Our friends surely and quickly do become our family.

Somethings have not yet changed. Julienne still drools. lol. Notice her drool as she gets closer trying to blow her candles. I just noticed when I downloaded the pictures and don't know who got to eat that part of the cake. Lol.



I just wanted to dedicate this day to our Monito we love so much. Here is Julienne throughout the years.
Julienne's b-day #1 (in Chile).

Julienne's b-day #2 (in Key West).

Julienne's b-day #3 (in Taiwan).

Wow, I just realized she has celebrated her three birthdays all around the world!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of her with her little accident is hilarious! Cannot believe she is 3 years old! In some ways it seems like she should be so much older, and in other ways it is shocking how fast time flies! I mean, seriously it seems like we were just in Key West visiting you when you were pregnant with the little monito!

Marc and Letty said...

Esta hermosa tu nina, bueno las dos, pero esa Julianne se ve que es tremenda, y cuidadito con quien se mete con ella,pero tiene una carita angelical que da ternura.